Unique Ideas for Valentine's Day Gifts For Men and Women
Unique ideas for Valentine’s Day start with yo-U.
Creative and special gifts spring from intimate knowledge of that special person in your life, and they don’t have to be expensive.
As a general rule, guys like doing things and gals like luxurious things.
Here are Fashion After 50’s top five gifts for each gender.
Valentine's Gifts for Men Focus
On Something to Do
- Tickets. Since men love doing things, consider giving him tickets to do something he never seems to have the time or money to indulge – flying lessons, a hot-air balloon ride, a glider flight over your city, tickets to Monster Cars or NASCAR.
A weekend away with you is good, too.
If you can’t get away, the Amazon.com gift card mall has movie theater tickets and restaurant gift cards.
- Gadgets. If your guy loves gadgets, a unique Valentine's Day idea may be a Swiss Army Knife or another kind of interesting gadget. The one on this page is the ultra-equipped souped-up version.
Whether he’s a man who loves to work in his shop or to customize his electronic toys, there is bound to be some tool that he’ll love. Or play it safe with a gift card to his favorite hardware or electronics store.
- Music. Some men are audiophiles, connoisseurs of a particular genre from rap to reggae, baroque to jazz. Music or a gift card is a unique Valentine's Day idea that will appeal to many men. Shop online to find that unique album he’s been looking for in all the thrift shop bins.
- Gourmet Treats. “A jug of wine, a loaf of bread, and thou” is as fresh today as when Omar Khayyam wrote his famous Rubaiyat in the second century A.D.
The Valentine shop above includes a barrel basket packed with savories for two.
If your weather does not permit an outdoor picnic, picnic on the living room floor on a plush blanket or throw – preferably before a fire.
- A Good Laugh. If he’s the kind of guy who likes to kid around, promise him something big and bold and unbelievable. Stick to it in the weeks preceding the big day. Then present him with a miniature version of, say, that Maserati he’s always wanted.
Or promise him a trip to Italy and buy a video or coffee table book. See the Valentine shop at top for more unique gift ideas.
Unique Valentine's Day Ideas for Women's Gifts
Women are so easy to please. The stand-bys – roses, chocolate, lingerie, and jewelry – are always appreciated. But you’re here because you want something unique.
Let’s try to kick it up a notch.
- Grand Slam. Tahitian chocolate pearl pendant in rose gold has three of the four favorites covered - chocolate and roses (figuratively of course) and jewelry.
This unique Valentine's Day idea is perfect for both daytime and evening wear, so she can remember you always.
- Flowers – of the month. Don’t settle for one puny bouquet. Fete your love every month with something different.
- Handmade truffles. These chocolates are handmade by Yume in Telluride, where the rich and famous go to relax.
- Silk art she can wear. This silk chemise skims the figure and is flattering to most body types. The hand-painted design ensures it is a unique Valentine's Day idea.
- A Day at the Spa. What woman does not want to hear that she deserves a day off, all about her? The Spa Finder gift card in the Valentine shop, left, enables her to choose from members near you.
How to Save Money with Fashion After 50
Subscribe to the Hot Flash Newsletter for News of Sales, Special Coupons, and Contests
Return from unique-Valentine's-Day-gift-ideas to Fashion After 50 Home.